This is the public log of DeeDee 'dzyjak' Jackson, a fictional character. DeeDee lives and works aboard a space station which orbits Saturn, and sometimes he writes about it.

2005-07-10

Dizzy Jack

Dzyjak is a label my dad pinned on me when I started training, and somehow made it into my file as my system-name.

A Dizzy Jack is what I am--a Station Tech.

1. Dizzy: From working on 'spinning' space stations.
* It is also a reference to the effects caused by the tendency of Station Techs to confuse people by trying to explain stuff....
* [Which] they don't really understand but know how to fix anyway.

2. A Jack has a broad range of skills and responsibilities, but he or she calls an engineer for critical problems.
* A reference to the old pre-Luna saying, "Jack of all trades; master of none."
* A reference to the practice of borrowing vehicles without authorization.

No comments: